Thursday, October 27, 2011

Grace Kennedy Limited's New Bargain Brand-Caribbean Choice




                                         



On my most recent visit to the grocery store, I started noticing a brand of products with vibrant yellow packaging. I was repeatedly drawn not only to this attractive packaging but the fact that these products were consistently the cheapest options on the shelf and cheaper by a noticeable margin. 



Caribbean Choice Baked Beans, Coconut Milk and Chicken Vienna Sausages
Baked Beans, Coconut Milk, and Vienna Sausages 


As a seasoned bargain shopper, I started making comparisons to my usual product selections. I compared the weight, nutrition facts, origin of the manufacturer, etc. I assumed that these products were the brainchild of some young entrepreneurial Jamaican. However, upon further research, I learned that this was a cheaper line of items belonging to the Grace Kennedy Limited family.  


Caribbean Choice Vienna Sausage Ingredients
Vienna Sausage Ingredients 


Caribbean Choice Baked Beans Ingredients
Baked Beans Ingredients 



Caribbean Choice Coconut Milk Ingredients
Coconut Milk Ingredients 


Grace Kennedy is one of, if not the biggest food companies in Jamaica. And while I was happy that they have chosen to offer a more affordable line of products, two of the three products are produced overseas. 


Having now used the products I have to admit that these products are of high quality and I have started to add even more products from the line to my shopping basket. I definitely commend Grace Kennedy Limited for giving a cheaper alternative on the market, that is also of high quality. I actually had more confidence in the product upon learning that Grace Kennedy was in the manufacturer. 


Based on the quality of products and the consistently low prices associated with the line, I now regularly purchase and use their Coconut Milk, Sweet Corn, and Baked Beans.  



0 comments: